Negligence Claims and Personal Injury

Book a consultation now!

Negligence Claims and Personal Injury

Chances are, the other party has a lawyer if you’re being sued. The counsel of the plaintiff will work diligently to make sure you are held responsible for the injury of his or her client. You should also be rightfully represented. It might be in your best interest to consult with an experienced injury litigation specialist to learn more about your legal options, including any potential protections against a negligence lawsuit.

At Emerald Law LLC, we understand that living a life like this can be difficult as you are constantly under stress and the actions of another person are causing you such anxiety that it makes life difficult.


Negligence Claims and Personal Injury Services

Personal Injury & Accident

We provide expert legal representation to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

Medical Negligence

We work diligently to hold healthcare providers accountable and secure fair compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial impacts of medical malpractice.



Keith Hsu JOINT MANAGING Director
Mohammad Rizuan JOINT MANAGING Director
Sharifah Ally Director

frequently asked questions


It is for us to discuss your matter briefly and provide you with a general overview. There will be no review of documents during the free first short consultation.


It is best to take out a PPO application at the family court. This may have implications on the divorce, especially when arguing under unreasonable behaviour (for divorces at the Family Court) or Fasakh at the Syariah Divorce and children for care & control and access (both in the Family Courts and Syariah Court).


Generally, you will have to show that family violence has been committed against you and that it is necessary for an order to be made. There are 2 limbs.


It is not necessary to be physically abused for a PPO order to be granted.


You will then have to convince the court solely based on your testimony (your words) at trial.


Section 64 of the Women’s Charter states that “family violence” means the commission of any of the following acts:

  1. wilfully or knowingly placing, or attempting to place, a family member in fear of hurt;
  2. causing hurt to a family member by such act which is known or ought to have been known would result in hurt;
  3. wrongfully confining or restraining a family member against his will; or
  4. causing continual harassment with intent to cause or knowing that it is likely to cause anguish to a family Member, but does not include any force lawfully used in self defence, or by way of correction towards a child below 21 years of age;

No. For this, you will have to approach the Civil Courts to apply for an order under POHA (Prevention of Harassment Act).

We will have to look at the facts of the case before advising.

It is going to be very challenging for a person who is not legally trained to take part in the trial process without a lawyer. It is recommended that you engage a lawyer for such matters.

Our publications

Related Articles